Open Postdoctoral Positions (January 2023)
Multiple postdoctoral positions in the laboratory of Roberto Cabeza (www.cabezalab.org) at the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience of Duke University (www.ccn.duke.edu). The studies employ behavioral and fMRI methods, and the analyses include cutting-edge representational similarity analyses and graph theory. Research topics include episodic memory representations and networks, and the interactions between episodic memory and attention/control processes. Some studies include healthy older adults and individuals with mild cognitive impairment (MCI). The desirable candidate will have three qualifications: (1) experience in memory and fMRI research, (2) strong computer skills, and (3) a promising publication record. Send a statement of research interests, a CV, and three referees’ contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The search will continue until the positions are filled.
Open to applicants with different backgrounds:
- For those with a background in cognitive psychology or related disciplines but little experience in fMRI, the CabezaLab offers the opportunity to learn fMRI methods and to apply them to favorite research topics
- For postdoctoral students with a technical background in biomedical engineering, computer science, etc., the CabezaLab offers the opportunity to apply these technical skills to well-defined scientific problems
- Finally, for students with experience in both cognitive neuroscience and fMRI research, the CabezaLab offers the opportunity to expand this training to novel ideas and methods and to conduct cutting-edge research on cognitive neuroscience of memory and/or aging
Typical annual plan
- Conduct one fMRI study as principal investigator (scanning fees paid by Dr. Cabeza’s grants) and report its results in one manuscript and one conference
- Collaborate with graduate students and research assistants in one or two fMRI studies and be a co-author in resulting manuscripts and conference abstracts
How to apply?
- Applicants with own funding: Send a CV and the names of three referees by e-mail to Dr. Cabeza (email@example.com)
- Applicants without own funding: Check if a postdoctoral position is open by email to Dr. Cabeza (firstname.lastname@example.org)